Kevin M. Bayley
Trust Administration and Estate Planning Counsel
A member of the California Bar since 2001, Kevin Bayley’s early training as a lawyer was working for civil rights for people with disabilities, going on to work in the areas of civil , family and probate litigation. His victories for his clients have come at all levels of the legal system from administrative hearings to state trials and federal trials as well as federal class action litigation. Mr. Bayley’s practice focuses on probate, business and family law matters, as well as general civil litigation. Among the cases he has worked on during his career are:
- Obtaining a record amount of damages in a federal jury trial on behalf of a wounded veteran who had been subjected to disability discrimination by his credit union.
- Successfully opposed a motion to impute income to a client who had formerly been a high-earning professional before marriage.
- Representing clients in marriage dissolutions, spousal and child support hearings and child custody disputes, including clients requesting move-away orders.
- Winning every case that has been heard in an administrative hearing setting for his clients.
- Representing classes of individual in federal class action litigation.
After graduating with a degree in Psychology from Whitman College, he earned his Juris Doctor degree from U.C. Davis. He is admitted to practice in all state courts in California as well as the United States District Courts for the Northern, Eastern and Central Districts of California. He began his practice working for the state protection and advocacy agency of California representing people in locked mental health facilities before moving into private practice. A life-long California resident with roots in Pasadena and the surrounding area going back several generations, Kevin has always felt the importance of volunteering and political action, including working with political campaigns and recently serving on the board of his children’s nursery school.